Tuesday, October 23, 2012
From my experience of Halloween in Canada I can confidently say that everything is PUMPKIN.
Think of every type of food you have ever eaten.
Now transform that food into a pumpkin version of itself - add pumpkin, flavour it with pumpkin, shape the product in a pumpkin shape - hell – dip it into pumpkin puree! - and this is what America and Canada do obsessively during Halloween.
I love pumpkin, don’t get me wrong. Do I believe it should be added to every biscuit, cereal, breakfast, lunch, dinner that exists? Possibly not…
Good on them I say – why not embrace pumpkin this Halloween?!
In honour of my Canadian buddies and combined with my love for coffee and cinnamon – I came across a Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe that I thought I should give a go!
Here it is:
(Vegan) Pumpkin Spice Latte
Makes about 4 cups
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (plus more for garnish)
- 2/3 cup strongly brewed coffee
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together milk, pumpkin and maple syrup until well combined. Heat until warmed through and frothy. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and coffee. Whisk rapidly until latte is frothy.
- Pour into mugs and sprinkle top with more pumpkin pie spice if desired.
It was actually delicious and easy to make! I would actually recommend you give it a go!
MMM oh Pumpkin .
Sunday, October 21, 2012
There isn’t a day when I don’t feel like
sushi Japanese full stop.
I would happily eat raw fish and beautiful little roles of rice and creamy avocado any day.
Aisuru gets me excited because I can see the sushi being made there on the spot.
The rice is still warm when it arrives at your table, which just screams FRESH!
Aisuru Sushi executes the art of sushi like no other. The sushi looks like an artwork on your plate when it arrives, and surprisingly enough, the plate is empty by the time you count to 20.
From top left:
Chicken Plum Roll
Black Velvet roll